Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ewido Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jlee

jlee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I had some nasty virus on my computer last week and thanks to the staff help here, got rid of the headache. My question: I downloaded the Ewido software trial and it will soon be expiring. I have a ton of the nasty files in quarantine. Can I safely hit the 'remove' button? Should I leave it be? Just concerned.... I don't want it to ever come back. :tazz:

Thanks-

Advertisements

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi jlee,

You can remove the items which have been quarantined a long time before. This facility is available so that users can recover the files deleted if necesaary. If you have been using the PC enough and havent found any issues - like some programs / softwares not running - then you can dump the quarantined items.

Also regarding Ewido, even though the trial period is ending, Ewido can still be used by you !!! You do not have certain features available to you. One of the key features which is not available is that the software will not be updated automatically for the latest signtaures of viruses and infections. These have to be download everytime you want to use Ewido.

Hope your PC is working fine otherwise :tazz: