Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does anybody respond here?

• Please log in to reply

Musicman22

Musicman22

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I don't mean to be rude, but I posted a question 2 days ago and haven't gotten a reply yet. Is there a specific amount of time one generally waites?
Am I being impatient? Thanks.

Peter

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

Welcome to GeekstoGo.

Our malware forum gets backed up from time to time, and we try our best to respond to all topics in a timely manner, but there are times when posts do slip through the cracks. If it comes to five days and no one responds to your post, please click the link in the malware forum on page 1 that says "Not Getting Help" and it will tell you what to do next.

Thank you for your patience.

Musicman22

Musicman22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Justin
Thanks for your reply. I'll wait 5 days as you suggested.

Peter

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Well, I can't post on that forum, and I'll let one of the experts there certify your logs. There is some junk I'd get rid of, but I'm not a malware expert.

I am thinking that your problem is just a misbehaving System Restore function...
http://www.kellys-ko.../xp_restore.htm

Maybe something there can help.

Johanna

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Moving to off-topic.

Musicman22

Musicman22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Johanna,

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it.

I don't understand when you say " I can't post on that forum". I thought I originally posted in Windows XP, 2000, 2003, NT., not in Malware Removal. And Admin. is "moving to off topic". What does that mean? If I did it wrong, I appologize.

Anyway, what should I do now? Should I read through the link you posted below or am I being moved, or will you continue to work with me?

Thank you.

Peter

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Your original post was in the malware forum. Your inquiry about it was in the Windows XP forum, however it wasn't a Windows related question, so I moved it to off-topic.

We are a very busy site, and the length of time it takes to repond to your post depends on many factors, but we've found our system works quite well. If by chance we haven't responded within 5 days, please reply in this topic with a link to your post, and the date. :tazz: