Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deer Park Alpha 1

• Please log in to reply

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Just so everyone knows Mozilla has released Deer Park Alpha 1 (BETA) for download, although it isn't reccommended that you download it unless you are a tester. I am by no means a tester.....but I did love to test it, it has some new features and the still keeps the great look and feel of FireFox.

http://www.mozilla.o...ojects/firefox/

Advertisements

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Cool :tazz: im definately trying this one..

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Its worth it. it freakin rocks if you like Mozilla that is.

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
well, if i didnt like mozilla i wouldnt be here. my IE is super messed up and i literally cant go anywhere unless i TYPE IN the full url, copy-pasting doesnt even work so i really LOVE mozilla :tazz:

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Dont despair IE was broken long before you ever touched it.

death to Micro$oft, ohh noo wait, the majority of the world has to have IE so that they may download fixes and patches for buggy software and Operating Systems. :tazz:

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
:tazz: 'tis a sad sad world we live in. heheh i just reminded myself about my startup pictures.. all the time when xp is loading its got a red circle with a line through it. ;) its oh-so-fun

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
I am using Deer Park Alpha 1 now.

Just wanted to throw that in there for my 100th post :tazz:

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
now who is trying to raise their post count? and i am using it too. just wanted to add this for my uh...15th post.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
LMAO, well we all have to pad our stats at one time or another. My bed is calling for me. It's been fun, but I'm off to dream land now.

peace.

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
thats not happening..i always try to go to bed but my computer usually ends up being louder than my bed. the mattress muffles it guess...

Advertisements

Chexee

Chexee

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
They finally implemented a lot of the options that were the sole reason I was using K-Meleon over Firefox.

Ah, but I do love Mozilla.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
So? When the final build for Deer Park Alpha 1 is released will you once again be joining the ranks of mozilla users? Or will you remain a traitor? J/K :tazz:

Edited by phybyr0ptyk, 01 July 2005 - 09:31 PM.

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
You guys make Deer Park Alpha sound so incredibly wonderful, I'm already dying to try out the final, stable product! :tazz: Say, should I download the beta or not, do you think? Have any of you people trying out the software came across any problems so far?

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Hey, I'm no tester, but I really wanted to test this, and even though it is not "reccommended" that non testers download I am happily testing it anyway. :tazz:

I have had no problems or conflicts, but remember there is no support for this beta version product. Actually, it works like a dream so far. There is also built in bug reporting features, I haven't had to use these yet, but the way I see it the more people "testing" it the better it will be in the long run.

Whatever you do keep us posted.

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Very well. I'll download it then. Will be sure to write in to tell you people about my experience with beta. :tazz: