Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't see certain graphics online

• Please log in to reply

oneeyeRye

oneeyeRye

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

for the past few weeks, every time I go on this one site that I look at regularly, it looks like all of the *.gifs don't come in! They just come in as the error box with the red x. Text in certain areas of the site doesn't show as well. It's driving me crazy :tazz:, because I use this site on a regular basis! I'd really appreciate any help that could be offered.

Advertisements

W-Unit

W-Unit

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
It might be a problem with the site. Are these files viewable on other computers? Are .gif files viewable on other sites?
If it IS a problem with your computer, it's probably a browser problem. Try switching to firefox and see if that solves the problem.
If not, I'm stumped...

oneeyeRye

oneeyeRye

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you so much! That did it!!

Firefox ROCKS!! I have now switched both my email manager & my internet bowser to Mozilla products because I like it so much! And so easy to install! it imports everything from the Microsoft utility right away!

Edited by oneeyeRye, 01 July 2005 - 01:11 PM.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
If you want to use IE (for whatever reason)

One of these two and/or emptying your Temporary Internet Files folder will usually do the trick:

http://support.micro...kb/283807/en-us

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;307239

Regards,