Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HUGE Problems.

• Please log in to reply

logan11

logan11

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I've been having these problems on my comp for over a year this just a list of things that immediately come to mind:

IE freezes whenever I try to open it.

I can't use Windows Update.

When I press Ctrl + Alt + Delete it immediately closes.

When I MS-DOS prompt to ping servers or to check my IP it immediately closes the MS-DOS prompt.

Computer runs sloooww.

Sometimes when i close windows it leaves the image of what i just closed on my desktop and i can "erase" it using another program image. But I can't see icons just the background.

Thanks for looking at my problem.

Justin

-----------------------------
Edit
-----------------------------

A few more things I just remembered.

I can't install Direct X and service packs, updates and such. Whenever I try to it tells me "This items has not passed the windows verification process and wil not be installed." or something similiar. No one else I know seems to get these problems.

Thanks Again :tazz:

Edited by logan11, 01 July 2005 - 11:02 AM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Go here and follow the instructions, then post back. A year?? How have you been able to stand it??

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Johanna

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
i havent handled it very well but luckily it hasnt really gotten in my way too much.

i found another problem too.

I was trying to do the thing that fixes Aurora and I went to stabilize my connection by goint to start>run and typing in regedit. as soon as it popped up it closed :-/

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

You are infected with malware

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Murray

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
wow all that stuff actually helped and i hope you dont get mad at me for posting on this topic again but this is my testimony that al this works!! i can do all that stuff again!! thank you!!!

*runs off to donate*

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
:tazz: You are very welcome!! ;)

Murray