Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

screen resolution is stuck on 800 by 600

• Please log in to reply

king_shadow

king_shadow

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
its a dell about one or two years old and i just reinstalled windows xp home one it but i cant make the screen resolution any higher than 800 by 600 pixels. It cant be the wrong moiter oor video card because its all default and hasent been changed or removed since the day i got it and i have had this problem before but i got it fixed but i cant remember what i changed to fix it. So i have been working night and day on it for the past 2-3 days and still dont have it anyone have any thing that may help ? :help: ;) :tazz: ;) :help:

Advertisements

Poetic.Garbage

Poetic.Garbage

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Are you sure that you have the proper drivers for your computer? If not, please let us know.

If possible please give Model # or Serial #.

Edited by Poetic.Garbage, 01 July 2005 - 02:33 PM.

king_shadow

king_shadow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ill go look and see what the model number is if i can find it but the drivers are all right because they were on disks that came with the computer.

king_shadow

king_shadow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i didnt find any model numbers but im gona try using dell support maybe i can get something from there

king_shadow

king_shadow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i fixed the problem it was just in need of a video driver update that i got from another post one here ill look around for the post again and put a link on here.