Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 2K terminal server client

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dubber Dan

Dubber Dan

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Does anyone know where the terminal server client is that comes as standard with Win 2000 pro?

I've had a look on the pc but can't find it. <_<

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
The first step to installing Terminal Services is to open the control panel and double-click "Add/Remove Programs." Along the left side of the Add/Remove Programs window that opens, click the bottom icon -- "Add/Remove Windows Components." I believe you will have to insert the Windows installation disk into the drive for this.
The Windows Components Wizard will then appear. Scroll down and find Terminal Services, and place a check in the box to the left of it. If you click the "Details" button, you will see there are two sub-components, "Client Creator Files" and "Enable Terminal Services." The first one enables you to create floppies to use to install Terminal Services on client computers, and the second is pretty self-explanatory.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

Dubber Dan

Dubber Dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Tried that but there is no option for Terminal Services. I checked the details of all the different options in case it was within one of those but nothing.

Any other ideas for getting a TS client installed on a Win 2K Pro pc?

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
So I have been lookin all over the place for an answer to this question and everyone has the same answer as I gave you, but then I came across this.....
http://www.blackvipe.../servicecfg.htm and this guy says that Windows 2000 Pro does not have Terminal Services. Scroll down his list of services until you see Terminal Services. I'm not sure how correct this is considering there are instructions all over the net on how to install terminal services, but then on the other hand you have it and there's no Terminal Services check box to check and install, I'm not sure on this, I will check with a higher power here and let you know what's discovered.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Looks like only Windows 2000 server has terminal services available. See this FAQ: http://www.microsoft...icing/tsfaq.asp

Dubber Dan

Dubber Dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Ah. Does anyone have a copy of the TS client I could download?