Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD 2800 Processor

• Please log in to reply

bobertfrat

bobertfrat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
One more thing. Is there a way I could get software to determine the temperature of my CPU while its running? I know you can see it through BIOS, but I was wondering if there was a windows program.

Advertisements

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
Yes. Download and install Everest Home edition. It will give you temps and a whole lot more - a considerable amount of information about all hardware and software along with a slew of direct links to manufacturers support sites for most of your hardware.

:tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Or you can use sis sandra, there are lots you can get try a few see which one you like some give you more or less detail and present it in different ways the information can be very useful.

Mitrius_EQ

Mitrius_EQ

• Pip
  • 3 posts

bobertfrat:

According to the ECS website ( not necessarily accurate), your board only supports up to a 2600+. The latest BIOS is 1.0g datd 03/08/02. And, your CPU configuration can be found in the BIOS on the page labeled CPU PNP Page.

Since you've assured us this is a 266MHz Thoroughbred, not a 333MHz Barton - the clock speed should be (133x2) or 266 and the multiplier is 17 (as previously stated) and it runs at 2261MHz. This (2800+ Thoroughbred) is an extremely rare CPU.

If you can't get this to run on that board, you may want to call ECS and ask them if there is a beta BIOS that was ever written for your processor.

Good Luck.
:tazz:

View Post

Will this board support the 333Mhz Barton? This board currently has a Duron 850 in it that I am trying to upgrade.