Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Maxtor D740X 6L 80GB Recovery info plz.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, windows xp sp1 format killed my hd, could anyone tell me how to ressurect it?
I did a default NTFS format and that failed within 20min. so I tried a 512 NTFS format and that failed after about 3 hours.. not the drive is completely unresponsive and makes my primary 15GB Maxtor fail when I try to boot with both plugged in.. I've tried all the Maxtor utils I could get my hands on and even tried adding it in with the 1024, 16, 63 settings just to see if it would let me format/partition from dos or even be detected..
I've tried every jumper setting starting with the one's that should work and on, primary/slave cable select and manual, the 80 pin cables in the right and wrong way.. Need help.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
sounds to me like the drive is bad, check to see if its under warrenty