Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Maxtor D740X 6L 80GB Recovery info plz.

• Please log in to reply

Dokkur

Dokkur

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, windows xp sp1 format killed my hd, could anyone tell me how to ressurect it?
I did a default NTFS format and that failed within 20min. so I tried a 512 NTFS format and that failed after about 3 hours.. not the drive is completely unresponsive and makes my primary 15GB Maxtor fail when I try to boot with both plugged in.. I've tried all the Maxtor utils I could get my hands on and even tried adding it in with the 1024, 16, 63 settings just to see if it would let me format/partition from dos or even be detected..
I've tried every jumper setting starting with the one's that should work and on, primary/slave cable select and manual, the 80 pin cables in the right and wrong way.. Need help.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
sounds to me like the drive is bad, check to see if its under warrenty

Rick