Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Azureus: Can't delete downloaded file!

• Please log in to reply

Xquizit

Xquizit

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,
I recented downloaded a few video clips using Azureus, and I cant seem to delete it! It always say, there might be another program using it etc. I have deleted the torrent file etc off the client (i think)
Am I still seeding it? But I dont see it operating on the Azureus cilent.

What can I do to remove the file??

Thanks

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It sounds like you have Azureus set to load at startup. If Azureus isn't using them they may be accessing the web throught media player. Check and see if there is any web traffic. You can use Task Manager to shut down any applications that might be using them. If worse comes to worst you can go into MSDOS mode and delete them, easy if you have win98, not so easy with XP. Media files, especially .wmv and .asx files can contain script to run commands. In a case like this you just have to try different things till you find what works. Some trojans use media files as an entry into your computer, and they continue using them so they won't be deleted.