Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen when Audio/Video CD inserted

• Please log in to reply

matt peschke

matt peschke

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey there. I received a blue screen crash a month ago, and it is happening again.

Edited by matt peschke, 07 July 2005 - 11:14 PM.

Advertisements

matt peschke

matt peschke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey there...

due to no response, i got thinking, and remembering. When I first had an issue w/ my comp, I think I read in some site that a blue screen is hardware, software, or hard drive related.

Could someone please confirm this, so I don't continue to think that spyware is toying w/ my comp.

thanks

matt

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
since you posted a hijack log in a non malware forum, it is not likely going to get a lot of attention.

To answer your question, yes, blue screens are mostly hardware or hardware driver related, or basic OS functions.

If you can show us the STOP error number, it would help in trouble shooting.

If you can get into windows, stop errors are recorded in event viewer

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.[/code]

matt peschke

matt peschke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm an idiot...for some reason I thought I was in the appropriate room for my problem. sorry.

gerry:

it is a stop 0x0000000a w/ this stuff following (0xF8C89000, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x804D9EA4)

I loaded an audio CD, then a picture cd, and received slighty different stop errors; however, the last 'driver' section was 0x804D9EA4 in both errors.

so I thought it was that little box that pops up that when you insert a CD, that asks which program you want to open w/ the files on the cd....meh.

not sure what you want me to list. I kept trying to fix the problem myself through research so I had multiple crashes.

In most cases, the 'source' of the event was the SERVICE CONTROL MANAGER.

if you need more info, let me know.

thanks a lot gerry