Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

d and e drive not being read

• Please log in to reply

.DazedandConfused.

.DazedandConfused.

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my computer is not reading the disk drives d and e, i can not play any computer games that require a cd and i can not burn anything because of this. they just dont seem to be there.

i have check to make sure everything is connected properly and the master and slave are okay. i dont know whats wrong

help!

Advertisements

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hi .DazedandConfused., Welcome to GTG !!

Has this just happened??
Have you installed any Hardware or Software lately??
Have they been working ok up to now??
Have you tried any other CD's to see if they work??
Right click on my Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager.
Do you see any Yellow Circles with ! in them in the DVD/CDROM drives section??

.DazedandConfused.

.DazedandConfused.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Linkmaster,

this problem has been going on for a month or so now at first it would stop reading the drives then if i ever rebooted the computer it would be fine but now it doesnt seem to read themn at all.
i dont believe i had installed anything new at the time this problem occured and yes i have tried many cd's in the drive and i an confirm it is not the cd's themselves.
And no i didnt not see any yellow circles with !, in the divice manger