Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll error

• Please log in to reply

dudsneedhelp

dudsneedhelp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I am a newbie here and I need help.

My PC work fine for a couple of months now, lately after I restarted I got this error msg box : "powrprof.dll initialization routine failure. Check file for errors." After I clicked the OK button another 2 more dialog box appears with the same error msg. The icons and colors on my desktop are not good with poor colors. The settings indicate that they are High Color 16bit. I cannot open my Power Management program in the control panel.

I updated my graphics driver Nvdia GeForce 2 MX/400 but with no joy. I ran system file checker and several files where replaced it claims they were corrupted, but still no joy. I also replaced the powrprof.dll and rundll32.exe files through sfc from my installation Win 98 SE CD, still no joy. I ran a program Tune-up Utilities to check for registry found few errors and fixed but still no joy.

I am running malware scans at the moment. I will tell you the results after its done.

Can you please help me? Thank you.

Regards,

Duds

Edited by dudsneedhelp, 01 July 2005 - 10:42 PM.

Advertisements