Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vid Playback

• Please log in to reply

Night_Shift

Night_Shift

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey, once again I'm having problems with my player.....the problem is the vidplayback this time (b4 it was audio) my problem is that it runs smooth but it doesn't run as fast as it should......auido beats it to the finish faster....I'll give you a list of my processes, if you can help me (tell me which ones to close down) it would make me sooo happy :tazz:

My Processes:

Image Name User Name

wuauclt.exe User
WinBar.exe " "
ctfmon.exe " "
InCD.exe " "
PDVDServ.exe " "
wmiprvse.exe SYSTEM
Easymain.exe User
winvnc4.exe SYSTEM <== after the 'n' there is a c not an o
wdfmgr.exe LOCAL SERVICE
svchost.exe SYSTEM
explorer.exe User
abc.exe " "
spoolsv.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe LOCAL SERVICE
svchost.exe NETWORK SERVICE
Smc.exe SYSTEM
InCDsrv.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe NETWORK SERVICE
LimeWire.exe User
svchost.exe SYSTEM
lsass.exe SYSTEM
services.exe SYSTEM
winlogon.exe SYSTEM
csrss.exe SYSTEM
smss.exe SYSTEM
System SYSTEM
System Idle Process SYSTEM

If you can help me please? Just tell me which one of these to close down.....thankyou!!

Advertisements

Night_Shift

Night_Shift

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Oh i forgot, I use the DivX 6.0 player, if that helps in anyway.....

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hey there Night_Shift,

Normally rebooting your PC should rectify that problem :tazz:

You may want to try posting a Highjack This Log >>HERE<< for assessing
(When you post your log file, make sure that you post the entire log).

I need to know more information about the movies properties to be able to work out what is going on. For eg. your prior audio problems could have been due to the lack of an AC-3 Codec BUT... I dont actually know what codecs you have installed or which codecs are related to the movie/movies that you are trying to playback.

I'd like to help but I need more info,

Willow ;)

Edited by willow28, 03 July 2005 - 04:23 AM.

Night_Shift

Night_Shift

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Oh, Hello Willow

once again, I'm getting help from you! ;)
well, I only have the codecs that you offered me b4
and the files i play are avi's uhhh i think they're also divx 3
.......I'm pretty shure......and what do you mean the entire log? :tazz:
clearly, I'm lost ;)

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Heya Night_Shift,

Check this out - Codec Installation Package for Windows Media Player 7.1 or later

And what I meant before is that you could have a virus on your system which is avoiding your codecs working correctly and if you were to post a HJT Log File then you would have to post the entire contents of the file to get a correct answer from the Malware Experts :tazz:

But, in the meantime we will keep trying to find out what your codec conflict is and attempt to fix it,

Willow ;)

Night_Shift

Night_Shift

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey,

Didn't you tell me to uninstall all my codec pack, and get them individually?
Well, I don't like windows media player, plus DivX runs faster,but my issue right now is the vidplayback.........am i suppoed to do a hijackthis scan and save the log so the malware experts can take a look?If so, I already have a log, so I think I'll just do it right now i guess........haha :tazz:

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hey Night_Shift,

What Media Player are you actually wanting to use? :tazz:

These are the Media Players that I would recommend for avi's,mpeg's,wmv's etc...:-

Windows Media Player 10 (works well if your codecs are good.Thats why I showed you the codec pack for it,and that one is safe or I wouldnt have recommended it)
Media Player Classic
Lavasoft Winamp(latest version)

For DVD Playback I recommend:-

Cyberlink PowerDVD
Media Player 10(works well if your codecs are good)

I would also recommend that you do not install too many media players as this can create conflicts with codecs aswell.

Check out this site:-

FREE CODECS.com

And take a look at all the different codecs, fixes and tools and read up on what they all do to see which ones you may need(as before... avoid the packs. This will also save you problems especially if you decide that you want to start encoding later on.)While in that web site... dont be afraid to use google to search for more info on the codecs and stuff that you are checking out.

Willow ;)

Night_Shift

Night_Shift

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I use the DivX player because, it runs faster for me, and i think i have malware.......is it possibly stopping my player from downloading my codecs just b4 i play vids and what not?all the vids i play are avis,the thing is, remember when i told you about the copying and pasting from a burned disk?well b4 that used to work....now i need to get a codec for them......it kinda swapped....im sooooo lost :tazz:
uhh.....i don't like media player now cuz of all the problems i have to put up with......i mean GEEEZZ...codec this codec that.......fourCC? What the...? IM DESPERATE, but as long im stuck to forums like these there WILL ALWAYS BE AN ANSWER!!! ;)

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Ok Night_Shift,

I can see that this is going to be a really good learning curb for you :tazz:
You will need to understand that all media file playback in someway is codec related if you want to make this thing work.

If your codecs are installed incorrectly then will probably find that most if not all of the media players that you are trying to use will not playback your files properly.

And some Malware can be responsible for avoiding correct playback. Did you post the HJT Log as I mentioned above?

I know that I told you not to install codec packs before, but since you are having so many problems understanding them... Make sure that you only ever have one codec pack installed at a time (cause they can conflicts).

Go to this page and click on Download and install that pack. Just until you can get a better understanding on codecs.

And the Media Player that works best with those codecs is Media Player Classic.(I've found this to be more stable than Windows Media Player most of the time)
To get it go >>HERE<<

Goodluck ;)

Willow ;)

Night_Shift

Night_Shift

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
yeah, thank you

and YES this WILL be a learning curb for me, i might just have to lean about everything i don't know.......well obviouly,and thanks for your support

regaurds,

NS