Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem accessing sites

• Please log in to reply

tennistaylor

tennistaylor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=orange][B] :tazz: My brother and I have been trying to play runescape, an online game. we have a problem accessing the webpage that the game is on. the screen pops up and it is just blank. it says "done" at the bottom. on the bottom of the screen, in the right hand corner, above the little icons, it usually has a globe icon that says internet, it says "restricted sites" and to the left of it, it has an icon that is an eye with a little red blocking sign over it. I clicked on those icons and a privacy thing pops up. i have adjusted it to show all cookies, set the privacy on low and done everything to the privacy and security things on the control panel's internet options.

please help me

Advertisements

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Which browser are you currently using? If its Internet Explorer giving you the problem, try switching to an alternative like Mozilla Firefox or Opera instead. Check with the Runescape support page (if there's one) for recommended system requirements or computer settings to play the game, to make sure that your computer has been adjusted to be able to load the game properly. You can also try clearing out your cookies, temporary Internet files and browsing history before loading the webpage in a fresh browser window. Also make sure that the Runescape page hasn't been added into your 'Restricted Sites' list.

As a last resort, go here for instructions on how to clean up your computer of any malware infections that may be the root of your problem.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
What kind/names security software are you running on your machine?
1. Firewall?
2. Spyware guard or Spyware blaster?
3. Anti-Virus?
4. Any other anti-malware utilities?
5. Has anyone/parents installed Internet monitoring software on your machine?
6. Your profile says you are running XP, XP has a default Firewall built in, adjust the setting accordingly if it is running.

Also give us the page address so that we may test the page as well.