Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dns Catcher

• Please log in to reply

sorrow

sorrow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've managed to sort all of my computer's problems but this is probably my biggest problem.Afew days ago i was on msn when i was sent a link .I clicked this link just out of curiosity which then turned out to be a nightmare.Somehow aload of viruses took over my pc and hijacked my system tools.Iexplore pop ups would appear every time i tried to close them and when i went on msn i would send links to other contacts automatically.I've used many anti viruses simultaneously like AVG ,microsoft antispyware but to no avail.I was told by a friend that he set up a test computer and clicked one of the links i sent him and it totally messed up the test computer.He told me that he ended up having to format the computer because the dsn chaser couldn't be removed,even when it has been removed it would come back because it plants itself in different kinds of folders making it impossible to remove.I've been searching some sites and i see many have the same problems but are still trying to get rid of this virus/adware without formatting.I have alot of important files which i would not like to lose so it would be great if there was another way out. :tazz:

The Sorrow

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
A full format and re-install may be the only option one day -- so then where would you be with no backups of your own files? Get them backed up even if you don't have to format this time round!