Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help?

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey everyone, I would like to know because I see you get ranks eg. Newbie, member, ect. I know it isn’t important what rank you have but it is nice to be reorganized, what I want to know is how many posts do you have to send to go a level higher??? I also would like to know how exactly how do you become part of the staff??? Please answer my question even though it sounds stupid. Thanks…

Advertisements

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hi ;) spike_hacker_inc

If you feel that you could become a GREAT asset to GTG fight against Malware go to this webpage.

http://www.geekstogo...here-t4817.html

Also, there is no question that is stupid... I'm in the same boat as you and would not have learned what I have without those stupid questions :tazz:

Just ask away hun...

;)

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
The thread that Resident Blonde posted is just to become a malware staff member. To become a Trusted Tech Staff Member, just begin helping in the other forums. If your help is useful and the mods notice you, they will approach you about becoming a staff member.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Guest_The_Tiddler_*

Guest_The_Tiddler_*
from observation this is what i can make out........it takes 5 to be a member, around 50 to be a senior member, arond 100 to be computer tech and finnaly around 500 to gain the ultimate non-staff title of computer geek.(I have only seen one such person posses this title he had 649 posts so it seems logical that the milestone is 500)...............wonder who will make it to the top first. wat do say, u up for the challenge........that is of course if u dont become a member of staff.

I can only show you the path....you must choose how to walk it! :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello! I believe part of what you are asking deals with the number of "pips" a person has and the corresponding title to go with them. For a Non-Staffer, the levels are:

Newbie: 0-4 posts
Member: 5-49 posts
Senior Member: 50-99 posts
Computer Tech: 100-499 posts
Computer Geek: 500-999 posts
1337 G33|<: 1000+ posts

Of course, Staff Members have titles that correspond to their appropriate Staff Level, (such as Administrator, Global Mod, Moderator, Expert, HJT Staff, etc) but we still have our pips! :tazz:

Hope this helps.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Thanks guys, The_Tiddler i will take you on the challenge, ok but when i see top posters they have thousands of posts, but i guess that because they are staff, so just let me know the top 10 in you mind and let the bet begin.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
there is also the 1000+ ueber-geek

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
so if i didnt have this "geek U" thing I would be a computer tech...haha..why dont they let you have both a geek U thing and the title?