Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need professional help :.(

• Please log in to reply

jaswnse

jaswnse

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was in trouble with bsod since i upgraded my pc from pentium 3 to this.It used to happen at every new start of windows and every start of game pro evolution soccer and it used to never happen at the next restart after crash.I got errors like "irql not less or equal" , "page fault in non paged area".I installed windows again tried changing virtual memory to 1,5 times physical memory.this prevented the crashes which used to happen at every new start of windows but this time system freezes without error codes or bsod everytime I run any games.Now i cannot play the games i used to play before.I know very well that my graphic card is enough to run most of those applications because it used to do.I tried running games with 3d analyse but it only delayed the crash about 15 mins.All of my drivers are up to date.I use winxp pro sp1 and only zone alarm security suite runs in the background when trying to run games.I tried different shared memory sizes (128-64-32) of my graphic card and different variations of bios configuration , nothing has changed.I asked for help in several local pc help forums but they said nothing different from me so I am here.whats wrong with my system what should I do?

Intel Celeron 2400 133mhz
Micro Star- MS 7060
512 mb ddr 400mhz
Realtek AC 97 sound on board
Sis 661 FX vga on board
10 gb Samsung sv1021h, 80 gb Samsung sp0802n
lifeview fly 98 tv card
apache 550 usb web cam
lg 40x cd writer

Edited by jaswnse, 03 July 2005 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements

jaswnse

jaswnse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did something new..
1)changed ram slot ...nothing changed
2)disabled write combining of graphic card and decreased hardware acceleration two sticks from full to none...some old games run perfectly ,new games crashed without blue screen.watchdog log says : "The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop" SISGRV.DLL ..but its the latest driver of sis 661FX..on the other hand I've read that sis 661FX is not a game graphic card its for business stuff .Don't know %? true..

god help meee!!!

scousertommy

scousertommy

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Did u get this sorted? I have exactly the same problem.