Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my hard drive is to small

• Please log in to reply

masadar

masadar

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well hello all i have aproblem i jsut recently formated and installed windows xp pro and now the system is only reading my hardrive as 127 gigs not the 160 it should be if anyone knows what might cause this problem any info would be great thanks all!!

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you're putting a new drive in an older machine most likely it has BIOS limitations. Did you install drive ovelay software on the new drive? Can you update the BIOS? Most older machines can only see about 33gbs, so you're actually lucky.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Windows xp versions before sp2 could ony read up to 130gb try installing sp2 to get your space back or partition the disk that might also work.