Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System keeps shutting down

• Please log in to reply

Beccy

Beccy

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi there! I was wondering if someone could help me because this problem is driving me mad!

I'm running windows xp professional and I have a dvd burner and numerous amount of software. The problem is that all of a sudden when I now go to burn a dvd with either DVD Santa or WinAVI, a quarter of the way through the conversion process, my computer decides to totally turn itself off, without shutting down or anything. It now does this everytime and I have no idea what's wrong with it. It's driving me crazy.

If anyone has any ideas or solutions I will be very very grateful.

Many thanks,
Beccy

Advertisements

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi Beccy,

Hmmm there could be a number of things going on. But it sounds like this could be a hardware problem. Maybe you should also start a New Topic in the Hardware Forum

Willow :tazz:

Beccy

Beccy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks Willow! I'll try posting it in there instead :tazz:

Beccy