Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus A9250 Radeon Nightmare

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Hey guys, my first post here, so sorry if it lacks what you need to know. Here goes!

My computer originally had an athlon 2100+, geforce4 128MB graphics card 8x AGP and 256Mb ram. I recently put in an Asus A9250 (the radeon chipset) because it just wouldnt work on my girlfriends machine (had to be noble didnt I?) and gave her my geforce:(. Anyway, iv been to all the house's, downloaded Asus's drivers, Ati drivers, and the windows drivers and none of them really help, the closest it came to working was about 3 seconds of Ground control 2.

My computer also now has an extra 512 Mb of ram.

The crash's always happen whenever a 3d game is played, it doesnt crash as much just doing normal tasks. Whenever a new driver is installed it dies and reverts to the old driver(the driver that windows dropped on it when i reinstalled windows).

Iv checked the bios, enabled and disabled all the available options, tried using at with a lower aperture size, nothing i can think of works:(.

Anyone got any idea's?

Thanks guys

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Try cleaning the previous driver installation and starting fresh. First, go to http://www.drivercleaner.net/ and get Driver Cleaner (it is free). You said you already have the current driver, great. Now go to add/remove programs and remove the current (ATI or Asus?) driver. Then boot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. I would suggest cleaning the previous driver installation for your Getforce card (Nvidia?). Run driver cleaner TWICE for this and delete all it finds. Then re-boot and install the current driver.