Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

busy signal

• Please log in to reply

stansrcstan

stansrcstan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Every time I connect my computer to the telephone line to use dialup to connect to the internet, my phone line goes to a busy signal. This just started as last week everything was great. I have my laptop connected now and everything works fine. I have an HP PAV A610N WITH WINDOWS XP

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Is the Laptop connected to same modem? External modem??USB??
Has the modem ever functioned with the HP?
What are details on modem???

You can go Modem website while using Laptop & search their support page - look at FAQ for answers - download latest drivers -

need to know if modem ever worked with HP
How old is modem - type - (internal - external) USB or serial port

If it was working & then started this problem . . . . & it is not the same modem being used with laptop . . . . any electrical storms recently??

Do your phone/s work with the HP modem connected???

need more info to really establish a starting point. . . .

If you get on line with your laptop - you should be able to solve problem
on the modem website. ..

Good luck
Jack123