Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

disc truoble

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

VXD VMM

VXD VMM

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi! I have a problem with my game "Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets":
when I launch the game it requires his disk, but it don't identify the disk that I insert(ed). I tried few times.
Can you help me? Maybe it's only the "fatal IE error...Trojan-Spy.HTML.smitfraud.c", but I already posted it in the right forum.

Thanks, VXD VMM

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
wait till your smitfraud is cleaned up. I see metallica is helping you. you are in good hands. if you need assitance after that just come back to this thread.

starjax

VXD VMM

VXD VMM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

wait till your smitfraud is cleaned up.  I see metallica is helping you.  you are in good hands.  if you need assitance after that just come back to this thread.

starjax

View Post

ok :tazz:

VXD VMM

VXD VMM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
now my system is clean, but I till have the disc problem
can you help me, plaese?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try reinstalling the game. its possible that several of the registry entries got zapped by the smitfraud.

also the cd isn't to scratched is it? also if its a copy and not the original then you are fighting copy protection.

VXD VMM

VXD VMM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

try reinstalling the game.  its possible that several of the registry entries got zapped by the smitfraud.

also the cd isn't to scratched is it?  also if its a copy and not the original then you are fighting copy protection.

View Post

:tazz: OK, I'll try to reinstall. Ah, I used a "special" serial to install the game because I lost the original product serial ;) . And the last time I installed HP2 from that CD(when I had the original seral key), it functioned! :help:

Now I'm at school ;) , so I'll try with your suggest this evening :help: . THX

P.S.: my cousin losted his serial too, but using the special key it functioned... :help:

Edited by VXD VMM, 06 July 2005 - 12:15 AM.

VXD VMM

VXD VMM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I've reinstalled, but it does the same thing. I cannot understand what's the problem...help!!!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you are not using the original cd and cd key then we can not help you. This is per our Terms of Service.