Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xp problem .

• Please log in to reply

stuart_ok

stuart_ok

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: hi to you from sunny uk! could you please help! .........when i switch on my recetly bought second hand laptop pc i now get "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt : \WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vgaoem.fon

i have no disks ;) but i can borrow an xp original

thanks
stuart

Advertisements

drats666

drats666

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
try the following things

1: barrow the windows xp cd
2: insert the cd and turn on the laptop
3: boot from cd
4: when it sayins hit r to repair , hit r
5: select your hard drive that has the windows xp on it(if more then 1 portion is there the operating system is most commonly on the first portion)
6: follow the steps on your computer screen
7: if it ask for a administrators password try hitting enter.

(if there is a administrator password and u dont know it u could try flashing the bios. i dont know how to do this but some other users might.)

or u could

1: barrow the windows xp cd
2: insert the cd and turn on the laptop
3: boot from cd
4: format your computer deleting all portions listed
5: finish the formating process and start fresh with your new windows xp completely wiped exsept for the windows operating system and common windows options(like minesweep).

(please note that if u format u might have to go online and get your drivers for your computer.)