Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lag issues

• Please log in to reply

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I i have DSL with the SpeedStream Modem. When i directly run the modem to my computer i have a perfect ping. NO LAG WUT SO EVER. Then when i hook up my Dlink DI 524 Wireless Router , My ping will be fine for like 10 seconds than ill get like 200 ping nonstop. I cant play like this. I have tried to buy a new modem. A 108mbps Dlink router. I dont know what to do is there a router out there that can fix this???

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Are you using the wireless or are you connected to the router via wire?

Greazy Mcgeezy

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
via wire

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
D00d anybody help me?

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
What are you pinging that is giving 200 ping?

Greazy Mcgeezy

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
uhh idk that wut im tryin to figure out?

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Ok, you are just going by what is on the game screen right? You aren't actually running a ping test on anything? Or speedtests? Or traceroutes?

I would suggest starting on the inside and working your way out. You also may need to check the documentation for the game and open the ports on your router. More than likely that is it.

Greazy Mcgeezy

[L]ancelot

[L]ancelot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
So how do i start to do this? Could my ethernet cables be doing this? Right now im using ONE CAT 5 UTP and ONE CAT 5 Enhaced FTP Cable

Edited by [L]ancelot, 07 July 2005 - 11:23 AM.