Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Home problems

• Please log in to reply

SussexDon1

SussexDon1

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Dear Sirs
Having several problems and would be grateful for your expert views.

1. Getting Error message called Generic Host Process for Win32 (can't remember next word) and then in the details box I find the following:-

szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer 0.0.0.0 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

2. If I right click some of the programs on my PC I get Dr Watson Debugger pop up and the system freezes forcing me to reboot.

3. I tried yoru Malware product, and although it scanned my PC it then closed and won't reopen, well it opens and then disappears off the screen and in ALT+DEL+ Ctrl it doesn't appear to be running.

4. When I attach new hardware like a new scanner and a MP3 player the items cant be found and its if the drivers are incompatible, but the same items connect easily to my XP laptop.

I have Norton System Works and wonder if this is the problem.

I have checked that I have all the latest Windows updates.

Thanks and Regards
SussexDon1
England

Advertisements