Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware, still on my comp? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
lol, sorry.

Go to start> search

Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

Tom

Advertisements

Jajo

Jajo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Alright, give me a min ill keep u posted

Jajo

Jajo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Alright, I checked for all of them, and none of them exist. I had show hidden files and system folders checked, and it showed everything, but those files just dont exist.

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
OK 2 last things.

Do that reg fix I gave u in safe mode. While in safe mode, check for those files one more time.

Thanks,

tom

Jajo

Jajo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Alright ill do that tomorrow Tom, I have to go to court tomorrow. I will see you then ;)! Thanks for all the help so far, hopefully we can get this figured out. :tazz:

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Ok justin, sounds good to me. I will be here :tazz:

Tom

Jajo

Jajo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
REGEDIT4
; RegSrch.vbs © Bill James

; Registry search results for string "YourSiteBar" 7/15/2005 4:04:47 PM

; NOTE: This file will be deleted when you close WordPad.
; You must manually save this file to a new location if you want to refer to it again later.
; (If you save the file with a .reg extension, you can use it to restore any Registry changes you make to these values.)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\YourSiteBar]

Here ya go, I dont know why its not coming off here. . .

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Do you have another account on that computer?

Tom

Jajo

Jajo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Yea, in fact, 3 other accounts. One is my mothers, sisters, and my stepdads.

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Go on one of their accounts and try this reg fix again. Don't make this until ur on their account.

Launch Notepad, and copy/paste the box below into a new text file. Save it as fixme7.reg (make sure that Save as Type is set at "All Files") on your Desktop. Ensure there is no space at above REGEDIT 4.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\YourSiteBar]

Locate fixme7.reg on your Desktop and double-click on it. You will receive a prompt similar to: "Do you wish to merge the information into the registry?". Answer "Yes" and wait for a message to appear similar to "Merged Successfully".

reboot and go onto your own account and check

Tom

Advertisements

Jajo

Jajo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
SWEET! That did the trick Tom. Thank you so much for helping me with these problems. And thanks so much for taking time from your schedule, sorry it took so long. Thanks so much man, your a genious.

-Justin :tazz:

Jajo

Jajo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Oh man, My mom wants me to clean out her computer also. Do u want me to just repost? Or would u like to help me? It doesnt matter, I can post a hijack log of her computer, hers is a Windows 98, lots of stuff wrong with it.

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Sure go ahead and post it here....mine as well :tazz:

Tom

Jajo

Jajo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Cool, your so awesome, and my mother says thanks also lolz. Ok here it is:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:02:04 PM, on 7/15/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\PSSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\WSCRIPT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGCC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGEMC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGAMSVR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSWHEEL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\REGSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://mail.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://red.clientapp...://my.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapp...rch/search.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapp...://my.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapp...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MYWEBSEARCH\SRCHASTT\5.BIN\MWSSRCAS.DLL
F1 - win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mouse_configurator.win
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_3_11_0.DLL
O2 - BHO: IEWatchObj Class - {9527D42F-D666-11D3-B8DD-00600838CD5F} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLINGSHOT\ties\dlIE.dll
O2 - BHO: PopBlock Class - {A25A30C9-6D9A-46D0-A92C-05ABD82A83AE} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADBLOCKER\PopupBlocker.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00A6FAF1-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_3_11_0.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-D7F7-EC7EA385FA7D} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Disknag] C:\DELL\DISKNAG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] C:\PROGRA~1\MSHARD~1\point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTasks] C:\filez.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Kernel32] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Kernel32.win
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGCC.EXE /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGEMC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_AMSVR] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGAMSVR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Israfel] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Israfel.vbs
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [AutoShutdown] C:\WINDOWS\pssvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [d2maphack] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\d2maphack.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Taskbar Display Controls] RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
O4 - Startup: FOLDER.HTT
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsear...?p=ZNxdm414XXUS
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YHEXBMES.DLL (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YHEXBMES.DLL (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMMON\YLOGIN.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMMON\YLOGIN.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Dell Home - {9C31CA00-6082-11D3-8607-00C04FCFBDA1} - http://www.dell.com/ (file missing) (HKCU)
O12 - Plugin for .mpeg: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\npqtplugin2.dll
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.co...etup1.0.0.8.exe

Lots of bad stuff......

-Justin

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
hehe....not to bad. I will write up a fix for it in a bit. Got to do that father thing right now :tazz:

TOm