Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with spy sheriff please [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Muffin9613

Muffin9613

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday I found that spy sheriff was on my computer and I followed intructions that I found on your site to try to remove it. After following all the directions, I thought that I had removed spy sheriff from my computer. I started to run other programs and the computer worked fine for a couple of hours. Later when I went back to the computer, I found that spy sheriff had come back.

Here is a copy of the HiJack log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:56:19 PM, on 7/4/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v5.00 (5.00.2920.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Local Settings\Temp\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapp...rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=http://127.0.0.1:80
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X74-X75] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Internet Acceleration Utility] iau.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Games Acceleration] svshost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Internet Mail and News] msqdevl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Management Console] lssas.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Multimedia extensions] mservice.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Internet Connection Wizard] stisvsq.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Internet Acceleration Utility] iau.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Games Acceleration] svshost.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Internet Mail and News] msqdevl.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Management Console] lssas.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Multimedia extensions] mservice.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Internet Connection Wizard] stisvsq.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows installer] C:\winstall.exe
O4 - Global Startup: GStartup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\GMT\GMT.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O12 - Plugin for .wav: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://appldnld.m7z....llInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {4B48CEDD-EB09-4FD3-AA22-5BDE98EDEF90} (EZXSActiveX Control) - http://www.buykorea....ezxsactivex.cab
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg...l_v1-0-3-18.cab
O16 - DPF: {79C871A6-F9C8-44DA-B2C9-CD9438D9642C} (EZXSInstaller Control) - http://www.buykorea....xsinstaller.cab
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

And here is a copy of the ewido log

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 3:55:16 PM, 7/4/2005
+ Report-Checksum: E7BF7477

+ Date of database: 7/4/2005
+ Version of scan engine: v3.0

+ Duration: 678 min
+ Scanned Files: 69172
+ Speed: 1.70 Files/Second
+ Infected files: 32
+ Removed files: 8
+ Files put in quarantine: 8
+ Files that could not be opened: 0
+ Files that could not be cleaned: 24

+ Binder: Yes
+ Crypter: Yes
+ Archives: Yes

+ Scanned items:
C:\

+ Scan result:
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\scott@sextracker[2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\scott@sextracker[2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning
C:\Documents and Settings\scott\Cookies\scott@sextracker[2].txt -> Spyware.Tracking-Cookie -> Error during cleaning

::Report End

Can someone please tell me what else I need to do to remove spy sheriff from my computer?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi Muffin9613 and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Excal and I will be helping you.

I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.
If you still need help, please post a fresh Hijack log, in this thread, so I can help you with your Malware Problems.

If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

:tazz:

Excal

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.