Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rdbss.sys wont install/missing file

• Please log in to reply

Archaosy

Archaosy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I need someone to tell me what to do with this problem: While ''trying'' to install windows XP pro I get this message --> rdbss.sys is missing.... if I ignore this file windows xp will install with many problems like the stop in 1 minutes thing. If I do not ignore my comp will reboot... etc...

Ok I already installed this windows xp pro on other computer many times before and didnt have any problem before it's not the cd my problem it's all about the computer. Is it possible i some kind of virus sticked to my harddrive or something like that? Maybe a bios upgrade is needed?!... well help please :tazz:

Edited by Archaosy, 04 July 2005 - 03:05 PM.

Advertisements

Archaosy

Archaosy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
anyone? :tazz:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Are you trying to install this on a disk from an OEM machine, and have you completely checked the disk for errors? There could be either an error (defect) on the disk, or there may be an undeletable file, such as an image, on the disk. In the first case you should check the disk for error sand "repair" them, which simply means marking them as unwritable, that's done automatically by the software, or in the second case you need to burn the disk to all zeros. You can download software for that. Or if worse comes to worst get a new disk for the machine, you can get new quite large one on sale pretty cheaply now. The mfrs seem to have a bit of overstock.