Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Speakers

• Please log in to reply

Len

Len

• Pip
  • 6 posts
<_< I can't get the same quality sound from my Polkaudio "B" speakers from my older Pavillion 8180 (D5252A) when I swap them with my newer Pavillion 761n (P7478A). The Pavillion 761n came with the small Polkadio "L" speakers w/ an AC Adapter and sound like a transister radio (that's a small battery operated portable radio developed way back in the ......I can't remember). The older Pavillion 8180 w/the Polkaudio "B" larger speakers without an adapter sound much better. What would I need to do in order to swap these speakers between computers and get the same sound in the newer Pavillion 761n using the speakers from the Pavillion 8180? HP was no help.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
<_< Hey, I remember transistor radios. They were before the Walkmans and boomboxes. Usually you plugged one of those mono white ear plugs in to listen, as they were usually AM only.

My first thought was to update your sound device driver, but I checked HP's site and there aren't any updates available. Are you connecting the speakers to the green socket? I also found this troubleshooting guide.

It may just be your old system had a better quality sound card, and the new computers onboard sound just isn't going to perform as well.