Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drpmon [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hiya

I have been researching the entries from the panda scan that you have mentioned. Could you tell me the file sixes for these files please

C:\WINDOWS\smdat32m.sys
C:\OLD\OLD\WINDOWS\INF\CC_43.inf

also can you see if either

Comet Cursor
Twain-Tech

are in your add/remove programmes list.

Regarding a router, personally, I think that for a single PC, if you have a clean system and a good security set up ( see my reccomendations list earlier), there is little advantage in the use of a router, though to be fair, others may well disagree.

UKBiker

Edited by ukbiker, 14 July 2005 - 09:25 AM.

Advertisements

kris74745

kris74745

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Hello! I checked add\remove programs, and the 2 you asked about are not listed. The smdat32m file is 10 bytes or 4 KB is the size on disk. The CC_43 file size is 8.64 KB or 12 KB size on disk. Let me know what else I can do!

Thanks!

Kristi

:tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi Kris74745

It should be OK to delete those files. but make a new Sys restore point first and ensure that they are recoverable from the recycle bin just in case. I would use a reg cleaner to clean up the entries found in the registry too.

UKBiker

kris74745

kris74745

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Hello! Where do I find a registry cleaner? I got rid of the file that wasn't in the registry. Thank you for all of your help. I will talk to you soon!

Kris74745

:tazz:

kris74745

kris74745

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Hey UKBiker! I wanted to let you know that I found a reg cleaner! Thanks for your help. I don't know what I would have done without you!

Kris74745

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hiya

You are welcome. :tazz:

UKBiker

kris74745

kris74745

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
UKBiker,

Do you take donations or how does that work? I know your services would originally cost a lot of money!!!!!

Thanks,
Kristi

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hiya Kris ;)

While I personally do not accept donations, it is possible to donate to the site as a whole. Here is the LINK.

UKBiker :tazz:

kris74745

kris74745

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Hey UKBiker! I think everything is okay! I wanted to make sure it is okay to use ewido although I have Norton AV. Norton showed to be fine, and ewido found 157 objects to fix. Talk to ya' soon!

Kristi :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisements