Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

US Robotics WiFi problem

• Please log in to reply

monmon_4

monmon_4

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have an IBM Thinkpad r30 running on WinXP Pro. I installed a US Robotics PC Card so I could get it running wireless internet. The model of my card is USR5410. I searched google for people with similar problems with no luck. Here is my problem:

I can install the card but sometime it just stops working. The USR Configuration icon in the system tray will turn from green to red and if I put my mouse over it, it will say "No Card Found" when the card is clearly inside the slot. I also tried pullig the card out and putting it in with no luck. The only solution is to restart my computer which is VERY tedious. Since this is for a laptop, I frequently send my computer into hibernate to save energy when it's closed. (Even though hibernation slows down my computer I have no other choice to save battery). Anyways, when I close the screen then open it and the computer comes back from standby/hibernation, the same problem occurs where the USR configuration icon turns red and it says "No Card Found". Then each time I have to restart, it's very annoying. Does anybody have any solutions? Thanks a lot.

PS. I Also tried to use windows native software to configure the wireless connection instead but windows won't do it for some reason. It doesn't give me the option to use it instead of the USR Configuration when it should.

Advertisements