Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

intel32.exe hijack [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Fracture

Fracture

• Pip
  • 1 posts
In another thread (that I can't reply to) there has been some discussion about this hijack. yesterday I encountered this while surfing online and it did a number of things. First it re-did my desktop background colors to be "bluescreen of death" blue and made my background look like a critical fault error. Realising that this was utter BS I tried to re-do my background. However I found that several display property tabs were missing. After using ad-aware, Spybot search and destroy and hijack this I was able to fix most of what was wrong.

As of now my desktop itself is fine and my display property tabs are all working. However 1 problem still persists. The intel32.exe file keeps re-creating itself. If I stop intel32.exe from running and delete it out of my system32 directory it stays away. Once I run IE and then go to any website it re-loads and re-creates intel32.exe.

How do I go about checking what is creating this file?

Advertisements

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
Hi Fracture and welcome to Geeks To Go :tazz:

We have been very busy as of late, do you still need our help? If you do i need you to download a copy of hijack this.

Hijack This

*Important* : HijackThis! needs to be installed in its own folder, as it creates backups that you may need later (create a folder in "My Documents", for example...). This tool can be dangerous when handled improperly, so, PLEASE DON'T FIX ANYTHING WITH IT YET !! and wait for instructions. Run HijackThis!, then click on "Do a system scan and save a logfile". Save the log, then copy/paste it here so we can have a look.

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.