Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DIALER-RAS.as

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

PollutedPaladin

PollutedPaladin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
First of all, I have that Dialer-RAS (piece of crap). In fact, I hate it so much that I deleted the desktop icon that says XXX-Files, and I deleted that same icon that was on the start menu (both of them are shortcuts). Then, I opened the Registry Editor (click on start, then click on run, then type in regedit), and clicked on the plus sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Then, I clicked on the plus sign next to Software. Then, I deleted the key called WebSite Viewer (this is what you're also trying to delete). Then go to C:\Program Files and delete the folder called WebSite Viewer. If you followed my directions correctly, you shouldn't have had any problems. Though you still haven't deleted the dialer (neither have I), that should stop that annoying pop-up with the naked girl on it. BUT, this is temporary only because you haven't deleted the dialer yet :tazz: . I'm still trying to find out how to delete it because when I found it with McAfee Viruscan (which was provided to me by AOL Security Edition), the download was found to be as not spyware, not a virus, and not a trojan either. It's just a "program that you might not want". I tried to clean it, delete it, and quarantine it but my computer said "The disk is write-protected". So I'm trying to devise a plan to destroy it once and for all. Hope this helped a bit.

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
From the last hijack this log I have seen from them, it looks like they still need service pack 1, or else they're just going to be infected again.

-=jonnyrotten=-

PollutedPaladin

PollutedPaladin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Let's face it. I've tried every single method known to man (myself) to delete or at least quarantine this file but it just keeps coming back :mad: . I've even tried stopping the process numerous times. I think that the processes are tibs3.exe and 125438.exe or .dlr, one of those. Then I deleted the icons with the face of the girl on it, the ones in the start menu and the one in the folder called WebSite Viewer. After that, I deleted the Registry Key called WebSite Viewer and it finally worked. Until that fateful second (one hour later) when it all came back. You should try it but it didn't work for me. The processes I deleted only showed after the pop-up with the naked girl on it came out, not the icon on the desktop, but a full-screen popup saying "Thank you for viewing our website." or something like that.Right this moment, I quarantined them. I'll get back to you when I get my results.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go PollutedPaladin

Please read this post: http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

And post your log here:
http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=37

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

PollutedPaladin

PollutedPaladin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I don't mean to be a bother or anything but can you please give me the direct download or something because when I try to download HijackThis at the website you gave me, it says "VirtuaNews Message: You do not have permission to do this action. If you think you should do, please contact the webmaster." when I clicked on the URL to download HijackThis. :tazz: . Please and thank you.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Here it is:

http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=3

PollutedPaladin

PollutedPaladin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Sorry jonnyrotten but for some reason I can't download it. The website still says the same message as before. But I can tell you the processes that are running when the XXX-Files icon appears and I can tell you the processes that are running after I delete it. :tazz:

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I know for sure that the link works because I tried it. Try this one, but please start your own topic and we can sort this out in there. It may be the malware stopping you from downloading this.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Topic closed.