Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Regertry cleaner

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I downloaded a program that clean out entrys in the regersty that were wrong or out of date from this geek to go some ware an I lost it while doing something. I cannot remember the name or anything but if any one knows what I am talking about could you tell me where to go to get it again.

Many thanks to the person that answers this in advance.

Advertisements

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Ehhh okay. Lemme get this straight. You downloaded a registry cleaner program, but uninstalled/deleted it by accident. Is that it?

Due to lack of information, I probably won't be able to direct you to the exact same piece of software you had been using originally. The following few suggestions, however, are programs that I've used myself to clean up obsolete registry entries and the like from my PC, and highly recommend to anyone. All are free, unless otherwise stated.

1) TweakNow RegCleaner
This program is relatively small, light on resources and does a pretty decent job of cleaning up the PC's registry. It takes absolutely no work to set up the software and set it to scan and delete useless entries at all, which is one huge plus in my book. :tazz:

2) RegCleaner
A similarly-named, but different product from the one stated above. Another very efficient program, although I personally find it a tad less user-friendly. Those not taking notice of what they're doing can very easily delete off important components of the system when fiddling about with the program. It does, however, create backups of whatever you clear out, so that's not really an issue.

3) WinASO Registry Optimizer
I could spend all day rattling off the various wonderful points of this product, and that still would not be enough. WinASO truly deep scans and cleans your computer, and it is not just registry errors that it detects and deletes. It also picks up broken links, unused shortcuts...let me just put it this way - anything that is no longer in use by your computer and might be slowing down the system performance, WinASO will get rid of it for you. The trial version will only repair ten errors at a go, but that's okay - just keep scanning and deleting, scanning and deleting and scanning and deleting until the computer's clean of all that nasty garbage. You'll be amazed at how incredibly swift your computer is once you're done with it.

4) Registry Mechanic
The paid version of the software is fantastic through and through, even though it really isn't comparable to WinASO. The trial version of Registry Mechanic scans your PC for errors, repairs a bunch of 'em, then proceeds to show you the rest which have not been deleted and will not be deleted until you've coughed up the money to pay for the full software. You could try it out though, I suppose...?

Another program I have not yet tried out myself is the highly-acclaimed CCleaner, a hard disk cleaner and registry cleaner wrapped up in one. People seem to really adore this software, so I'll just add it in. Who knows? It might just be the one you were looking for to reinstall. ^^

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Thank you very much it was number two that I was after but could not find. and thank you for that others I am very interested in testing them.