Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection specific problem access website?

• Please log in to reply

OxfordianLB

OxfordianLB

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all!

The general set-up is there are two PCs connected via ADSL broadband (PIPEX), the first has a modem/router so the second can connect wirelessly.

There is a third computer still connecting via Virgin dial-up. All three computers run Windows XP, and have the usual spyware/virus prgrams. (Ad-aware, AVG, windows firewall, spybot, spywareblaster).

The website in question is livejournal.com. For a while all three computers could access it fine, but recently the two connected by broadband both stopped. We get 'Cannot find server'. However, the computer without broadband can still open the page no problem.

I've tried looking for new programs that may have been added, as well as new add-ons, but so far I've come up with nothing bar one new add-on which I've now disabled. I've also run our anti-virus/spyware programmes, and come up clean.

Can anyone suggest anything I should try checking/re-installing? Or is this likely to be something connected to PIPEX itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
The only thing I can think of is the wrong settings of some sort. This isn't my league, I'm more into viruses.

OxfordianLB

OxfordianLB

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ah, so is something to do with settings rather than a virus. Thank you! I'll get on to the folks who connected us, then, see if they have any suggestions. Thanks again!