Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD- rom drive problem

• Please log in to reply

Laptop Boy

Laptop Boy

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
When I put an audio CD in the drive, my Windows Media Player says there is no CD in the drive and doesn't recognize it is there.

It just started doing this. Is there a setting where I can change this?

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
does windows explorer or my computer see it?

Laptop Boy

Laptop Boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

does windows explorer or my computer see it?

View Post

Windows Explorer sees it, yes. I have gone into the settings and changed it to autoplay on WMP when I put in a music disc. This computer also has Realplayer and i-tunes on it. I wonder if it is getting confused with the different media's.

Also, if I put in an MP3 disc with data music on it, it says that it is blank. I have been in the DEvice Manager, and it says the CD-rom is working properly.

I am getting very frustrated and would appreciate any help. <_< Thanks :D

Laptop Boy

Laptop Boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I wanted to bring this thread back to attention. I failed to mention the fact that all this seemed to happen after I downloaded WMP 10. I am wondering if that had anything to do with my problem??