Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DSL Connection

• Please log in to reply

shaz

shaz

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
MY IP techs cant help, they reckon its something on my pc thats not letting it send data thru the internet causing it to lose connection. :tazz: ...please if you can ;) , I would greatly appreciate it. ;)

Advertisements

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

MY IP techs cant help, they reckon its something on my pc thats not letting it send data thru the internet causing it to lose connection.  ...please if you can  , I would greatly appreciate it

Your IP techs can't help huh? LOL! Your DSL connection is loosing SYNC with the ADSL signal. Have you tried power cycling the modem? Reseting the modem? Do you have phone filters on all your telephone's in your house? Are you on a network? Is this Ethernet (cable) or wireless setup? What cabling are you using USB or CAT5? What DSL modem do you have? Firmware up-to-date? :tazz:

shaz

shaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
yeh i have reset the modem, i have a d-link 302g adsl modem and im running my modem using a usb cable, the techs said they cant see anything wrong on their side so therefore they cant help, ;) they told me to uninstall the latest program i put on my pc which maybe causing the problem so i did but still not working, ;) i am lasting no more than 4-5 mins online before losing connection...i have reset my internet options to the default settings...techs said that i must have something blocking the flow of data from the internet and told me i need a pc expert to look at my pc...so waahhlaaaa :tazz: here I am asking the experts. :help: