Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Explorer crashing

• Please log in to reply

SlimTim10

SlimTim10

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
My Windows Explorer constantly crashes with the main crash message "Windows Explorer has enountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I can still use Explorer to an extent when this message pops up as long as I don't select one of the choices ('Send Error Report' or 'Don't Send'). I would like to know from where this problem derived and how to fix it.

Thanks,

SlimTim10

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
I don't know how this problem might have started. Do you still have your XP disc? If so, do the Windows Repair and see if that fixes your problem.

Emery

SlimTim10

SlimTim10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
It just sort of started one day. Also, sometimes when it crashes this Doctor[something] comes up as a process out of nowhere and crashes with it. Maybe they're interconnected. I don't have my XP disc anymore, so I'm wondering if I can't fix the problem can I reinstall Windows Explorer somehow (without the disc)?

SlimTim10

SlimTim10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Also, I'm not sure if this is of any help but in the Error Report Contents it says "The Following files will be included in this error report: C:\DOCUME~1\TIMOTH~1.TIM\LOCALS~1\Temp\d05b_appcompat.txt"

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

I would like to know from where this problem derived and how to fix it.

Next time you get that error message click DON'T SEND button. Now on the left hand side their's a blue link that says view technical source or choose microsoft privacy click on view technical source (or similar to that) this brings up a seperate dialog box with all code that made windows explore to generate this error message, scroll down to the bottom and look at what files caused this application to generate this error.

SlimTim10

SlimTim10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
You replied a second too late :tazz: