Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lookin for some recommendations! :)

• Please log in to reply

chopyaedoff

chopyaedoff

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
the coolriverdeluxe is called the coolwave storm 3 in the us or (was it the outback)

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
AHH!!! Thanks man for pointin that out...as i have found tho..this kit is runnin above 160 and i think right now i have to hold off on that even though it seems very nice

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That expenisive, quite surprising considering how cheap it is here.
For the cpu i would go with a AMD venice they get really good reviews and are pretty cheap and overclock very well. I'll tell you what i think of mine when i get my 3200+ tommorow.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Yea def. let me know...i think that was the chip i was seriously thinking about buying- where did you get yours and how much was it?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
ebuyer for 125 squid. Cheapest i have seen over here.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
looks liek its $201.76 :tazz: Newegg has it for like 169 or such

http://www.ebuyer.co...duct_uid=155147

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Sox,Any particular reason why you want a VIA chipset motherboard?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Why would you want one of those? nf4 ultras are the only real choice or ATI 200s if you can find one.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
no reason- just like the board...what others do you suggest?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Via are the oldest and kak est of the 939 chipsets. Any nforce 4 ultra board will serve you well i like the MSI one personally but there are lots. If you can find them the ATI 200 boards are the newest and are supposed to be really good, however at the moment i can only find one for microatx, however stateside you might have some more offerings from ATI.

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Its hard to find a board with the nforce 4 ultra board with AGP thats still a good board....all the ones ive seen dont even have such things as firewire and are reviewed as a bit weaker...you see anything else tho?

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
the MSI here- http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813130468 that was previously posted by OneCool- doesnt look half bad- what do you all think? - how much will i be kickin myself if i went wit the A8V Deluxe :tazz:

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
You guys are gonna kill me :tazz:

ive decided not to replace my mobo and processer and other stuff- i did tho decide to buy some of the parts here- the cooling and the cases we talked about!!! but i really do appritiate all your help and will keep what we've discussed for future reference...

Thanks so much again, wish it could have ended different ;)

Hemal

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

You guys are gonna kill me :help:

ive decided not to replace my mobo and processer and other stuff- i did tho decide to buy some of the parts here- the cooling and the cases we talked about!!! but i really do appritiate all your help and will keep what we've discussed for future reference...

Thanks so much again,  wish it could have ended different :help:

Hemal

View Post

It should be a fast rig Sox ;)

maybe you could get that Venice to 2.5-2.6ghz stable and cool ;)

Your going to be mad when that 5700 cant keep up anymore :tazz:

twister3634

twister3634

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Dude.. If You Are Looking For A Case That Will Stay Nice And Cool.. I Have A NIce Case.. i Recommend It.. Look At It http://pcclub.com/pr...itemno=A1306229 i have... 600 w power supply.. 2 evga 7800 GTX's AMD 64 3500+ and an ASUS Mobo this case by far is the best i have owned.. if you are looking for a good full tower.. this is also a good one.. it is WATER COOLING READY!>> LOOK>> http://pcclub.com/pr...itemno=A1311699 Hope I Helped