Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel calendar

• Please log in to reply

bikher

bikher

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz:

I am searching for a calendar to assist with planning. I have come across a few Excel add-ins that seem that they may work but I would like to find a few more options before I pick one to invest my time in altering it to suit my needs.

My "vision" is a calendar that would have one month per work sheet & allow me to place several items in a given day (3 pieces of information per item). I need to be able to pull a daily total for each day as well as a weekly total. The calendar would need to have Saturday has a functioning. Sunday does not matter.

I know enough about Excel to get me in trouble but not enough to program something like this.

The other kick is that I have zero budget for this. IF I were able to find the perfect software for ALL my planning needs, I MIGHT have a shot of getting some money for it.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
do you have microsoft office ? the calander that comes in microsoft outlook will do what you want

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I'd suggest the calender in Microsoft Outlook will do fine.

bikher

bikher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The Outlook calendar doesn't cut it.

I need to be able to enter 3 items all on one line - job number, job name & job quantity. There will be several jobs on any given day.

In addition, I need to be able to extract a daily total and a weekly quantity.

I would really like to have this calendar in some sort of planning add in rather than keep it separate.

Right now the best thing I have found is a template from the MS site created for nursing shifts that I have doctored *greatly*.