Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is it advisable to leave my computer case off

• Please log in to reply

Alexius

Alexius

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
i recently had a problem which ment my computer turned off after ten mins of playing a game so i took the side casing off and it sorted the problem. should i just leave my case off forever now? or is this just a stupi :tazz: d question

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Never a stupid question...

It would appear you are having heat problems then.. It would be more advisable to get a couple good cooling fans.. Mount one in the front pulling air into the case and one in the back blowing the hot air out..

Also, make sure the CPU and PSU fans and cooling slots are clean and not plugged up..

You can leave the case open but you are risking an accidental kick or spill that will really do some damage!!

Murray

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
That is no to mention some static electricity. I agree with Murray. I would consider definitaely some more fans - I heard that this one works really well in removing heat, and it is only 9.55 at buy.com. (Mine is on the way) And since it is PCI, it is easy to install.

http://www.buy.com/r...101&hdwt=0&sp=1