Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Referred]oneclicksearches Hijack

• Please log in to reply

JLang43

JLang43

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:

Being a relative novice when it comes to computers, I really don't know what to do when I found that my default server was literally "hijacked" (new term).
I tried to type in my regular default server only to have this :"oneclicksearches"
take over the Address.. However, if I type in any other server like "google"
there are no problems.
I tried to change my default server in "internet options".. but to no avail. Please, can anyone help me get rid of this P.I.T.A? Don't they realize that I will go to the ends of the world to never purchase any of their advertised product because of the problems they have caused me and others, not to mention how stupid they make me feel because I don't know how to deal with this one?

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Please follow the instructions located in Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log. Post your HJT log as a reply to this thread, which has been relocated to the Malware Removal Forum for providing you with further assistance.

Kindly note that it is very busy in the Malware Removal Forum, so there may be a delay in receiving a reply. Please also note that HJT logfiles are reviewed on a first come/first served basis.