Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Adobe Acrobat

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

Im having somewhat of an odd problem. I want to disable the "display pdf in browser" option within the registry and i know which key does it. My problem is that adobe acrobat 5.0.5 wll not save the settings when the change is made through the registry. What the users have to do is go into "edit > preferences > general > options" and just click ok. The display pdf in browser is unchecked thanks to the registry key, but it wont save/wite its settings untill one goes in there and clicks ok. Is thjere a way to make acrobat save teh settings and use thjem once its written in teh registyr. Please not that all the other things have been also taken care off. Teh plugin within the IE progarm folder was delete, etc. Thanks to all in advance for your help. Peace.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
some times you have to press F5 after you change a Key in the regetry to make it take affect, and if that dose not work reboot the compuer and then it should work.