Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multimedia Audio Control Help!

• Please log in to reply

Sam.

Sam.

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i was going through my add/remove programs. So i saw something i didn't really recognize and i got rid of it didn't look important, called :tazz: soundmax something ;). so then i reseted the computer for all the changes to take place and when the computer finished rebooting it said "new hardware found" "If an installation CD came with thise hardware please insert it now." but i didnt have one, because this hardware/driver thing was already installed in the computer when i bought it. They didnt give me any CD. Ok so then since i didnt have a CD i just clicked next, then it gave me to choices "custom install" and "automatic install (recommended)". So i clicked auto, then it started searching for the "Multimedia Audio Controller software". it couldnt find it. Under sound/video, etc.it shows several audio components including Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, WDM TVAudio, all listed as working properly. But the Multimedia Audio Controller has an exclamation sign beside it. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME? thank you !!! ;) :help: :help: :help:

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Please do NOT triple post questions.. You posted this exact same question at 6pm; 6:45PM and 7:05PM.. That isn't going to get you any help any faster..

Patience is a virtue and in your case, a necessity !!!!!

Murray