Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call waiting

• Please log in to reply

frontball13

frontball13

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Sasktel Internet Callwaiting won't work on my new XP computer but the guy at the phone company said that there is something called modem on hold and i might have it. How do I get it to work?

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Are you trying to disable call waiting so when you are on the computer you aren't interrupted by calls? If so go into your internet connection settings, and where the phone number your pc dials to your internet service provider type *70 at the beginning. This either makes your phone line busy or I think if you have voice mail it sends the call directly to voice mail.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

frontball13

frontball13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Actually, I want the calls to come through. Break my connection and the phone rings type thing.

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
I think it may be Netwaiting that your after. Unfortunately i don't know to much about it. You can see if somebody else replies here, or google netwaiting for more.

Here's a link : http://www.v92.com/a...netwaiting.html

frontball13

frontball13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Oh, sorry! I never mentioned that SaskTel Internet Callwaiting was exclusive to the province of Saskatchewan in Canada. Netwaiting doesn't seem to cover Canada. Well, your help is appreciated but I'll have to do without a call waiting service for a while.