Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor-Movie Display Problems

• Please log in to reply

Psycho

Psycho

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just built a new PC.
Everything works perfectly fine, except when i go to watch movies the color display on the movie is all distorted. I have a GeForce 6800 GT video card, and a ViewSonic VA712b Monitor. I have installed all the drivers that i know of. Games run flawlessly, everything works awsome, except when i got to watch movies in Media Player. The videos play, but the color is all distorted and it looks like it was a white tint to it. Any ideas of what is wrong? Hope someone can help.

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Are you watching movies that are on your computer or are you watching a dvd?

--Chris

Psycho

Psycho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Its on Both, Dvd's and on Video Files on the Harddrive. It like distorts the color, and, Black shows as gray is that helps at all.

Psycho

Psycho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I Tried tweaking with the Display options on the monitor, that did no good.

Psycho

Psycho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Problem Solved. The Default Setting on the Video Card had the Gamma a little to high. Changed the Gamma to 0 and now its perfect.

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
good to hear! Isn't it wonderfull when you solve your own problem.

--Chris