Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor just stops... ?

• Please log in to reply

orentha

orentha

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I've got a weird problem...

Occasionally, my monitor will just go off. (it won't power off). It goes blank, and a message saying "no signal" comes up.
Like it's been disconnected...

It's a fairly new 17" LCD monitor.
I've had it for probalby 4 months...

I've checked the cables 5 million times, and they are connected corectly and are tight.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be ??

Sometimes I've doing something very important, and when it happens, there's nothing I can do except restart...

Please help !!
btw, I'm using Windows 2000 SP4, and all the latest updates from Microsoft

Edited by orentha, 05 July 2005 - 09:02 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
"no signal" means there is no video signal getting to the monitor. It may be a video card problem. Try turning off your computer, pull the ac cord, remove the video cable, remove and reseat the video card. Connect everything up again, and power up the computer.

A lot of times reseating the vid card will fix the problem especially if the computer is a bit older in years.

good luck,
makai

intraaction

intraaction

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i dont have any any solution for you may get more solutions form others
but i am facing same kind of problem but my monitor shows differern colours
so if you get it could be my solution also

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Remove the video card from your device manager and turn off your comp. Open up the box and take out your videocard and reseat it and turn on your comp again. Let windows find a driver for it and see if that works.

Emery