Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinDVD

• Please log in to reply

cg4857

cg4857

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Have a HP Pavilion running WinME, in my Windows file I have a WINDVD Player, but when I open it says in troubleshooting that I need Hardware or Software decoders, and a decoder driver for a hardware decoder, it says I can find them from third party manufacturers, I have no idea where to start looking for these, does anyone here know where to find these decoders & drivers, and how do I find out what kind I even need to get this thing to work? Any help would really be appreciated. tks cg4857 :tazz:

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
windvd I thought WAS a software decoder.... you may need to reinstall the application.

---edit---

I've always used either ati dvd player ( for the ati hardware decoder ) or powerdvd if I didn't have a hardware decoder.

Edited by shard92, 06 July 2005 - 10:49 AM.

cg4857

cg4857

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Looks like nobody knows that much about the software decoder for WINDVD for the older OS's, I found an open source player that says it plays DVD's, and just about anything else, it's called VLC from http://www.videolan.org/ , has anyone heard of this or tried it, would like some feedback if there is any. tks cg4857