Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pocket PCs

• Please log in to reply

assistant2u

assistant2u

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I am thinking about buying a pocket PC (iPaq?) Any recs on which one is better over another or which model is better? I would also like to know exactly what I will need to use it to full potential. The main purpose will be to check Outlook email and use internet. Do I need a wireless router? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

R

Advertisements

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
ill tell you a good pocket pc HP pocket pc are good the have a good processor and thts really all u need HP are good makes and always will be :tazz:

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
i have a pocket pc with a compact flash card (1gb) bluetooth card and bluetooth gps sat nav system, i can do everything with it email wise ect and it has plents of space, i personally like toshiba but i think in our days they are all much the same.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I dont have a pocket pc i have a sony clie (the palm version) i love it, clies also have a pocket pc big brother that is snazzy and pretty powerful with lots of storage wifi and a camera. The processor size for pocket pcs might be due for a jump as AMD are going to release a new mini version of there latest cpus that will fit in a pocket pc(or so they say) it would be worth looking in to.

assistant2u

assistant2u

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for all the replies. What will I need in order to check email and surf away from home?

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
An I-mode phone. ;)

For all PDAs goes, alone they cannot do much. (connectionwise)
PDAs with bluetooth can usually connect to the internet via a cellphone with bluetooth. You have PDAs that connect via WiFi, but then you need another
computer to connect to. ( Compact Flash WiFi cards and even SD WiFi cards exist )

I myself have one computer connected to the internet, via Bluetooth I can connect to it with my PDA and surf and read mail. Speeds are acceptable. The biggest problem is that the browser on the PDA does not understand DOM/Javascript (It does seem to understand most of the normal javascript)
Soooooo...

This is what you really want :tazz:
But it's not a PDA.

Success! ;)
Ojo